Sunday 1 February 2009

Curiosity tree mural





Here is what I have been up to the last couple of weekends. I have just finished this afternoon, so I am very pleased. I have painted two 14 foot murals in two separate stairways in an old converted grainstore near Keith up here in Moray. The lady that hired me for the job is opening a coffee shop and a small retail unit for handcrafted items and organic produce in early april. The building is soo gorgeous on the inside. I was hired to do two "tree of life" murals, but we are calling them curiosity trees, since the lady is going to put small hooks from the branches and hang bits and bobs on them. What a good idea! It was loads of fun doing these murals, even though it was no heating in the stairways. It was hard to do two aswell since I had to do all of it by hand, I am seeing circles right now...lol....hope you guys like it.

5 comments:

craft mad Jenny said...

wow - this is amazing, great work - you must feel very pleased with yourself!!

Deb said...

fabulous work, I love your tree, sounds like a fantastic place too, hope we get up there sometime!

Anki said...

Åh - vilket härligt projekt! Visst vore det underbart om man vågade göra ngt sådant och satsa på eget. Fick du mitt mejl förresten? Jag fick ngt felmeddelande så jag är osäker på att det gick fram. Kramisar - Anki
PS. Snart är det dags för lansering...om jag är nervös...JAAA ;-)

jenny said...

The tree mural looks fantastic Eva, cant believe it only took 2 weekends, so much detail :)
I shall look forward to the opening and visiting to see them IRL x

Jennyx

SueH said...

Oh wow, that's amazing!

You be very proud of yourself.