Thursday 20 November 2008

hand rolled xmas tree card




Hi! Got a load of kids at home ill from school today...all 3 is home...jikes! They have cold/cough/fever. Typical for this time of year...have been reading books and playing games with the boys all day...but managed to do one card...and it was a fiddly one. I have handrolled bits of scrap paper and glued them on top of each other to create a layered effect. Rest of the card is very plain but didn't want to make it too busy. Took a bit of time but was pleased with the result. Have a few orders for these cards from pal's of mine...better start on them now, gonna take a few days...hahahah...my partner has just come home from his work, so I will get a hand with these boys. Having crafty night tonight with my pals. Wonder if my lovely pal will let me raid her stamp box...AGAIN...lol....gonna order some punches from Stampin up (my pal is a demonstrator) Just love the scalloped edge punch. Didn't know this but noone else does them except stampin up (similar maybe but not this one). My pal told me the other day. Am loving scalloped everything...nestabilities is the next on my "to buy" list, alond with a cuttlebug machine ofcourse (so I can use the nestabilities...doh!!)Please santa, I have been really good.....

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Well over here and the states Martha stewart makes some beautiful corner punches, although they are very pricey, Tonnice got some the other day we were st Micheals, well we both spent way too much money there the prices were unbelievbly high. Cheaper to buy on line plus postage... Anyway, all the work on this card but worth it its beautiful. Hope th kids get better quick sending well wishes to them...

Kim Etherington said...

Wow, lucky you to sneak away to create a card. Neat idea. It looks good!

Tonniece said...

Hi Stranger
MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN VERY BUSY. wow
Sorry to hear the kiddies were sick, I know from experience that can be taxing to any mother, not to mention the little ones.
Hope they feel better real soon.

Now on to you.
What a great card, and to do this technique with sick kiddies is amazing to me.
Just awesome.